June Classic

Against my better judgement I raced the June Classic 10km road running race today. The first km was good and then my fatigue caught up with me and I felt like I was running backwards for the rest of the race. 3 days between the end of Boot Camp and this race was evidently not enough time for my body to recover properly. I finished in a time of approximately 35:15. Ugh that's rough. I'm glad the suffering is over now.

In other news, the weather is super nice in TBay today with a high of 24C and sunny blue skies.
I'm pumped to watch a big weekend in professional sports:
  • Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight (GO CANUCKS!)
  • Game 3 of the NBA Playoffs tomorrow night (Miami is going to bring the HEAT against the Mavs)
  • The big face off in the French Open tomorrow morning. Like old times Feds and Rafa will duke it out in the final. Will Feds be able to take down Rafa on the clay courts or will Rafa be king of the French Open for a record-tying 6th time? After Feds ended Djokovic's 43-match winning streak in dramatic fashion in the semis you've got to wonder whether he will be able to pull off a similar winning performance against Rafa.

Comments