Austria - Schladming - Dachstein - Ramsau

Our team had an exceptional training camp in Austria this year. We departed on September 20th from Thunder Bay and returned on October 10th. We experienced everything from blue bird sunny days to blizzards with complete whiteouts on the Dachstein Glacier. With 4 tough intensity workouts and plenty of hours put in skiing at 2700m, I am left satisfied with my efforts and enjoying a well earned week of recovery. Here are some pictures from the training camp (Thanks to Eric our photographer extraodinaire).


Andy, Leif and I rollerskiing in Ramsau


Harry, myself and Chris ("The Canadian Train")


Me gliding it out on a typical busy day at the Dachstein


Harry showing the jits how it's done


The NDC Ladies Erin and Andrea


Careful!


2010/11 NDC Team


Hiking in the Alps


Mountain Goats on the horizon


Harry




One of many great dinners at the Winter Garten with our friend and fabulous waitress Romy.

The following article is one I wrote while in Austria for the Lappe Nordic Fall Newsletter. It gives a brief overview of our setup and training in Austria as well as some Fall training advice that I do my best to adhere to.

Chow
Michael

Comments